Have you ever wanted to set up a family bed, but worried you couldn’t pull it off without an interior design fiasco? Do you want to take your mattress off the bed frame, but don’t want to look like you’re sleeping in a junkyard?
We’ve gathered up a dozen pictures of beautiful family beds for eye candy and inspiration.
1. This bed for a family of seven made its way into the Washington Post. The baby sleeps in the middle with mom and dad. The older four kids sleep in the bunk beds on each side. Does it get any cozier than this?
Photo credit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/21/heres-what-happened-when-a-family-of-7-started-sleeping-in-the-same-bed/?utm_term=.96a6a7a7a741
2. A beautiful, bohemian bed plus bed. One side is pushed against the wall to keep little ones from falling out. On the other side is a night stand for adults. That’s one great way to keep your bed frame while keeping a taller bed safe for young co-sleepers.
Photo credit: http://theleakyboob.com/2015/08/13-truths-of-a-bed-sharing-family/
3. A lovely family bed in king + twin size. Cohesive bedding goes a long way toward the bed look unified instead of haphazard. The wall-to-wall bed makes for an adorable nook too.
Photo credit: http://myhouseofgiggles.blogspot.ca/2013/01/one-giant-family-bed-if-you-cant-beat.html
4. This family has found a way to make a floor bed look inviting and cozy. The art, pillows, and colorful decor make it come together.
5. For those who aren’t ready to embrace total bed-sharing yet, a sidecar crib or cot can be a nice option. This family does it beautifully. The key is to line up the height, so that the crib is at or below the height of the big bed.
Photo credit: https://www.instagram.com/ameliamarthelia/
6. What kid doesn’t love sleeping on the top bunk? This charming setup lets them have their top bunk and stay close to their parents too.
7. King bed + full bed is this family’s recipe for simple and gorgeous.
Photo credit: http://www.textilsucht.de/2017/02/diy-familienbett-bauen/
8. The ultimate luxury. Double king beds. We love the colorful yet peaceful wall as a backdrop.
9. How refreshing is this bedroom haven in white? Spacious and elegant.
Photo credit: http://www.annipalanni.com
10. Is your bedroom surrounded by wall-to-ceiling windows with an ocean view? Yeah, ours isn’t either. But one can dream.
Photo credit: http://www.architectureartdesigns.com
11. This superbed comes from a hotel in Amsterdam. A family bed while on vacation? Sign us up!
12. Family bed, small bedroom edition. Sometimes it seems like you need a bedroom the size of football field to pull of a really large bed. This family shows it isn’t so. Wall-to-wall beds can be gorgeous.
Photo credit: http://romantiskahem.blogspot.com/2012/04/sovrumsforandringar.html
Do you have a family bed? We would love to see it! Email us a picture at [email protected].